Preparing your house to Sell
Here are some tips to get you started on preparing your house to sell.
Preparing your house to sell can be overwhelming. We help sellers with the preparation by recommending our third party professionals to get your house in shape. Complete the information below to get started.
- Improve your landscaping. Curb appeal is crucial to a good first impression, so make sure your home's lawn is immaculate. Mow the lawn, prune the bushes, weed the garden and plant flowers.
- Clean the outside. A sloppy exterior will make buyers think you've slacked off on interior maintenance as well. Be sure to clean the gutters and pressure wash your home's siding.
- Make repairs. In any market, you want your home to be in the best condition possible. Take care of major defects like broken windows or a leaky roof that could discourage buyers.
- Make the front door inviting. A fresh coat of paint, especially in a colour that contrasts with the home, will make the front door stand out. Replace faded house numbers so buyers can see them from the curb.
- Buy a new welcome mat. Let buyers know they're invited into your home.
- Remove clutter and depersonalize. Buyers want to envision their belongings in your home. Clean up by renting a storage unit for knickknacks, photos, extra furniture and other personal items.
- Organize closets and drawers. Messy closets give the appearance that your home doesn't have enough storage space.
- Make every surface shine. From ceiling fans to floors and everything in between, clean your home until it sparkles.
- Take colour down a notch. You might like your lime-green bedroom, but it may sour buyers. Paint your walls a neutral colour that will appeal to a wide range of buyers.
- Eliminate bad odours. Hide the litter box and spray air neutralizer throughout your home. When showing the home, fill it with inviting smells by putting out fresh flowers and baking a batch of cookies.
We’ve help clients prepare their home in as little as four days. If you’re in the market to sell, the sooner you hire a REALTOR® to help, the better. If your home needs professional help we can help as well. Fill in the your information below and we will have one of our professionals contact you for a free quote. We may even be able to help with the financing of your project.